Ivychurch / Ivy-Church
"IVY-CHURCH, a parish in the liberty of Romney Marsh, lathe of Shepway, county Kent, 3 miles N. of New Romney, its post town, and 11 S. of Ashford. The village is small, consisting of a few farmhouses. The land is principally pasture. The living is a' rectory in the diocese of Canterbury, value £405, in the patronage of the archbishop. The church, dedicated to St. George, has an embattled tower containing a clock."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868 by Colin Hinson ©2010]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Ivychurch / Ivy-Church to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Ivychurch / Ivy-Church has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TR027276 (Lat/Lon: 51.012051, 0.888259), Ivychurch / Ivy-Church which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)