Kingsdown - Eynsford (Kingsdown near Wrotham)
"KINGSDOWN NEAR WROTHAM, a parish in the hundred of Axton, lathe of Sutton-at-Hone, county Kent, 3 miles N.W. of Wrotham, its post town, 7 S.W. of Dartford, and 5 S.E. of Farningham railway station. The village, which is considerable, is wholly agricultural. The land is partly in hops, but the greater part arable, with about 800 acres of coppice wood. The surface is diversified with hill and dale. The living is a rectory with the curacy of Mapiscombe annexed, value £382, in the diocese of Rochester, in the patronage of the dean and chapter. The church, situated in the centre of a wood, is dedicated to St. Edmund, and has a porch and one bell. The circular chancel of Mapiscombe church is still standing, though in ruins."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868 by Colin Hinson ©2010]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Kingsdown - Eynsford (Kingsdown near Wrotham) to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Kingsdown - Eynsford (Kingsdown near Wrotham) has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TQ565643 (Lat/Lon: 51.356222, 0.246238), Kingsdown - Eynsford (Kingsdown near Wrotham) which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)