"MILTON, a parish in the hundred of Westgate, lathe of St. Augustine, county Kent, 2½ miles S.W. of Canterbury, its post town. The parish, which is inconsiderable, is situated on the rail, near the river Stour. It contains only one house, and is reckoned a part of Thanington. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Canterbury, value £70. The church, dedicated to St. Nicholas, is a small structure."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868 by Colin Hinson ©2010]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Milton to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Milton has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TR121558 (Lat/Lon: 51.261884, 1.038656), Milton which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)