"MILTON, a parish in the hundred of Westgate, lathe of St. Augustine, county Kent, 2½ miles S.W. of Canterbury, its post town. The parish, which is inconsiderable, is situated on the rail, near the river Stour. It contains only one house, and is reckoned a part of Thanington. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Canterbury, value £70. The church, dedicated to St. Nicholas, is a small structure."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868 by Colin Hinson ©2010]