"MOLASH, (or Moldash), a parish in the hundred of Felborough, lathe of Shepway, county Kent, 9 miles N. of Ashford, its post town, and 3½ from the Chilham railway station. The village, which is small and irregularly built, is chiefly agricultural. The land is partly in hop-grounds. King's Wood and Challock Wood lie to the S. of the village. The soil is light, with flint-stone. The impropriate tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £98. The living is a curacy annexed to the vicarage of Chilham, in the diocese of Canterbury. The church is a small ancient structure dedicated to St. Peter. It is situated in a very obscure position, owing to the surrounding hills. The interior contains a very old font. The parochial charities produce about £9 per annum. There is a school supported at the expense of Edward Knight, Esq., of Godmersham Park. Charles Hardy, Esq., is lord of the manor."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868 by Colin Hinson ©2010]