"NORTON, a parish in the hundred of Faversham, lathe of Scray, county Kent, 3½ miles W. of Faversham, its post town, and 2½ S. of the Teynham railway station. The village, which is of small extent, is wholly agricultural. A small portion of the land is in hop-grounds, the remainder being chiefly arable and meadow. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Canterbury, value £306, in the patronage of the Bishop of Worcester. The church, dedicated to St. Mary, contains some tablets."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868 by Colin Hinson ©2010]