"PADDLESWORTH, a parish in the hundred of Larkfield, lathe of Aylesford, county Kent, 4 miles N.W. of Maidstone, 6 S.W. of Rochester, and 1 mile W. of Snodland, to which parish it is joined. The living is a rectory, united at an early period to that of Snodland. There is no church, and the inhabitants have attended at that of Snodland since the reign of Elizabeth. A rent-charge of £8 10s. is paid to the impropriator."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868 by Colin Hinson ©2010]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Paddlesworth (Larkfield) to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Paddlesworth (Larkfield) has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TQ685621 (Lat/Lon: 51.333029, 0.41738), Paddlesworth (Larkfield) which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)