"SNAVE, a parish in the liberty of Romney Marsh, lathe of Shepway, county Kent, 5 miles N.W. of New Romney, its post town, and 8 S. of Ashford. The village, which is inconsiderable, is situated near the Military canal, and is wholly agricultural. The living is a rectory annexed to that of Snargate, in the diocese of Canterbury. The church, dedicated to St. Augustine, has a square stone tower and wooden belfry detached, containing one bell. The register dates from 1570."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868 by Colin Hinson ©2010]