"ST. PETER, a parish and member of the Cinque Port liberty of Dover, though locally in the hundred of Ringslow, or Isle of Thanet, lathe of St. Augustine, county Kent, 2 miles S.E. of Margate, and 2½ N. of Ramsgate. It is situated on the coast near the North Foreland, and contains, besides the village of its own name, the sea-bathing places of Broadstairs and Kingsgate, besides twenty-two hamlets. ... More "
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868 by Colin Hinson ©2010]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from St Peter to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which St Peter has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TR381684 (Lat/Lon: 51.364723, 1.419049), St Peter which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)