"TUDELEY, a parish in the hundreds of Washlingstone and Twyford, lathe of Aylesford, county Kent, 2 miles S.E. of Tonbridge, its post town, and 12 from Maidstone. The village is on the South-Eastern railway. A portion of the land is in hop-grounds. There are mineral springs, having the same properties as those of Tonbridge Wells. The old seat of the earls of Westmoreland is now a farmhouse. The living is a vicarage, annexed to that of Capel, in the diocese of Canterbury, value £238. The church, dedicated to All Saints, was rebuilt in the last century on the site of an earlier one."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868 by Colin Hinson ©2010]