St Nicholas at Wade
"ST. NICHOLAS-AT-WADE, a parish in the Isle of Thanet, hundred of Ringslow and lathe of St. Augustine, county Kent, 6 miles W. by S. of Margate. The parish is considerable, but sparsely inhabited. The vicarial tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £25, with a glebe of 9 acres, and those belonging to the Archbishop of Canterbury for a rent-charge of £1,026, with a glebe of 12 acres. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Canterbury, value £161, in the patronage of the archbishop. The church, dedicated to St. Nicholas, is an ancient structure with a square tower at the W. end. The nave is separated from the S. aisle by three Saxon arches. The Wesleyans have a place of worship. Paramore's school has an income from endowment of £16. The charities comprise a bequest of £80 to be given to eight poor and honest labourers."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868 by Colin Hinson ©2010]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from St Nicholas at Wade to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which St Nicholas at Wade has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TR265666 (Lat/Lon: 51.353305, 1.251559), St Nicholas at Wade which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)