"WOOLWICH, a parish, market town, in the hundred of Blackheath, lathe of Sutton-at-Hone, county Kent. It is a Royal naval yard, and principal military arsenal in the kingdom. It is 2½ miles E. of Greenwich, within which borough it is included, and 8½ miles S.E. of St. Paul's, London, by land, or 9½ by water, owing to the windings of the river Thames, which is here crossed by a steam ferry to North Woolwich. ... More"
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868 by Colin Hinson ©2010]
|Rectory Place, Woolwich, Congregational|
|Anglesea Road, Woolwich, Presbyterian|
|Anglesea Road, Woolwich, Unitarian|
|New Road, Woolwich, Presbyterian|
|St Peter, Woolwich, Roman Catholic|
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Woolwich to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Woolwich has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TQ430791 (Lat/Lon: 51.492767, 0.058461), Woolwich which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)