"WOOTTON, a parish in the hundred of Kinghamford, lathe of St. Augustine, county Kent, 8 miles N.W. of Dover, and 10 S.E. of Canterbury, on the road from London to Dover. The living is a rectory, in the diocese of Canterbury. The church is dedicated to St. Martin. Wootton Court, the seat of John Brydges, Esq., is supposed to have been built by John de Gestlinge in the reign of John. It was once the residence of L. Digges, the mathematician, and of Sir Samuel Egerton Brydges, Bart., who died in 1837."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868 by Colin Hinson ©2010]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Wooton to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Wooton has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TR223464 (Lat/Lon: 51.173608, 1.178794), Wooton which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)