Angerton.-- par., Ulverston registration dist., Lancashire, 2195 ac. (1121 water), pop. 32.
John Bartholomew, Gazetteer of the British Isles (1887)
Local studies information is held at Cumbria Record Office & Local Studies Library, Barrow.
Details about the census records, and indexes for Angerton.
The Register Office covering the Angerton area is Ulverston.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Angerton to another place.
In 1835 Angerton (or Mosshouses and Waitham Hill) was a township in the parish of Kirkby Ireleth.
You can see the administrative areas in which Angerton has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
View maps of Angerton and places within its boundaries.
View a map of the boundaries of this town/parish.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD212824 (Lat/Lon: 54.231223, -3.209757), Angerton which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
For probate purposes prior to 1858, Angerton was in the peculiar of the Dean of the Chapter of York whose records are deposited at the Borthwick Institute.