The church has/had a graveyard.
It was founded in 1815 where an old room in Crickets Lane was used for worship. In April 1817 a Refuge Chapel was opened on Penny Meadow and the following year Jonathan Sutcliffe commenced his ministry lasting 33 years. Four years later a Sunday School was added which by 1863 was replaced by a new building on Penny Meadow.
The Refuge Chapel became too small for its increased parishioners and in 1834 purchased a number of nearby cottages which, when rebuilt was named Albion Chapel.
By 1889 the Albion Chapel on Penny Meadow again became too small, its use being better served as an extension for the Day School, but a new site for the Chapel needed to be found.
The new church opened in 1895.
In 1972 the Congregational church joined with the English Presbyterian church to become the United Reformed Church. The Penny Meadow church was located
This site provides historical information about churches, other places of worship and cemeteries. It has no connection with the churches etc. themselves. For current information you should contact them directly.