Christ Church, Ashton under Lyne, Church of England
Ashton under Lyne
The church had a graveyard. Before the graveyard was cleared and grassed over the monumental inscriptions were transcribed. A map of the graveyard and the transcriptions are held at the Tameside Archive and Record centre
It was founded in 1846.
This site provides historical information about churches, other places of worship and cemeteries. It has no connection with the churches themselves. For current information you should contact them directly.
Copies of Bishop's Transcripts
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)