It was founded before 1794. It closed in 2006. The organ pipes went to Altrincham. The Sunday School in Mill Lane, off Stamford Street is dated 1877.
The Methodist New Connexion was formed in 1797 when it seceeded from the Wesleyan Methodists. In 1907 the Methodist New Connexion merged with the United Methodist Free Church and the Bible Christians to form the United Methodist Church.
In 1932 the United Methodists joined with the Wesleyan Methodists and the Primitive Methodists to form the Methodist Church of Great Britain.
This site provides historical information about churches, other places of worship and cemeteries. It has no connection with the churches etc. themselves.