Barrowford Higherford Wesleyan Methodist Lancashire
A new (second chapel) built was bulit in 1890 next to the "Old Chapel", which became the Sunday School. In 1959 the 160 year old chapel demolished, then in 1962 the tower on the new chapel was declared unsafe. In 1972 the Old Sunday School, by the river, was made into a private house. In 1990 the second chapel was pulled down and a third chapel built on the site. The second chapel was rebuilt in Hachioji, Japan and renamed the Grand Victoria Chapel where it is used there as a wedding venue.
This site provides historical information about churches, other places of worship and cemeteries. It has no connection with the churches etc. themselves. For current information you should contact them directly.
Copies of Original Registers
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)