Roose Rd Bible Christian, Barrow in Furness
Barrow in Furness
Besides the above there are the Welsh Chapel in Paradise Street, erected in 1863, accommodating about 300 ; the United Methodist Free Church, in Storey Square ; and the Church of the Bible Christians, a neat building recently erected in Salthouse Road.
from Mannex's directory of Furness and Cartmel, 1882.
The Bible Christians were formed in 1815 when they seceeded from the Wesleyan Methodists. In 1907 the Bible Christians merged with the United Methodist Free Church and the Methodist New Connexion to form the United Methodist Church.
In 1932 the United Methodists joined with the Wesleyan Methodists and the Primitive Methodists to form the Methodist Church of Great Britain.
The Cumbria Record Office, Barrow hold:
- Baptisms 1875-1976
- Marriages 1953-1976
This site provides historical information about churches, other places of worship and cemeteries. It has no connection with the churches themselves.
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)