Local studies information is held at Manchester central library.
Details about the census records, and indexes for Beswick.
The Register Office covering the Beswick area is Manchester.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Beswick to another place.
"BESWICK, an extra-parochial liberty in the borough of Manchester, in the county palatine of Lancaster. It has an area of about 60 acres."
In 1835 Beswick was a township in the parish of Manchester.
You can see the administrative areas in which Beswick has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
View maps of Beswick and places within its boundaries.
View a map of the boundaries of this town/parish.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SJ863984 (Lat/Lon: 53.482505, -2.207437), Beswick which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)