Bickerstaffe, Society of Friends
Friends Meeting House,
The first recorded burial at Bickerstaffe, in 1659, was Edward Bispham. The last, in 1813, was that of John Bispham, aged 89, the last member of Bickerstaffe Meeting.
It was founded in 1653 and the last meeting was in 1786. Mary Bonsall has produced history of the Bickerstaffe Quakers.
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)