BILSBORROW, a township in Garstang parish, Lancashire; 4½ miles SE of Garstang. Acres, 842. Real property, £1,455. Pop., 176. Houses, 37. There are a Wesleyan chapel, and an endowed school with £48 a year.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
Details about the census records, and indexes for Bilsborrow.
The Register Office covering the Bilsborrow area is Lancaster.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Bilsborrow to another place.
"BILLISBORROW, (or Bilsborough), a township in the parish of Garstang, hundred of Amounderness, in the county palatine of Lancaster, 4 miles to the S.E. of Garstang. The Wesleyans have a chapel here, and there is a free school founded by John Cross in 1718, which has an income from endowment of £48 per annum.
In 1835 Bilsborrow was a township in the parish of Garstang.
You can see the administrative areas in which Bilsborrow has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
View maps of Bilsborrow and places within its boundaries.
View a map of the boundaries of this town/parish.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD524406 (Lat/Lon: 53.859321, -2.724802), Bilsborrow which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- Lancashire Family History & Heraldry Society - Fylde Branch
- Lancashire Family History & Heraldry Society - Preston Branch
- Lancashire Parish Register Society