BLAWITH, a township-chapelry in Ulverston parish, Lancashire; on the river Crake, 4 miles NW of Foxfield r. station, and 6 N of Ulverston. Post Town, Newby Bridge, under Newton-in-Cartmel. Acres, 2,620. Real property, £1,082. Pop., 193. Houses, 39. The property is much subdivided. Much of the surface is upland moor. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Carlisle. Value, £63. Patrons, Messrs. Petty and Postlethwaite. The church is an edifice of slatestone and red sandstone, in the pointed style, and was built in 1862. Charities, £10.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)