BURNAGE, a township in Manchester parish, Lancashire; on the river Mersey, adjacent to the Manchester and Sheffield railway, 4 miles S of Manchester. Acres, 658. Real property, £3,741. Pop., 624. Houses, 120.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
Local studies information is held at Manchester Central library.
Details about the census records, and indexes for Burnage.
|St Chad, Ladybarn, Church of England|
|St Margaret, Burnage, Church of England|
|St Nicholas, Burnage, Church of England|
|Burnage Christ Church Congregational Lancashire|
|Christ Church Congregational, Burnage|
|St Bernard, Burnage, Roman Catholic|
St Margaret's Church has produced a history of the church called St Margaret's Burnage Celebration 125 price £5 + postage from the Vicarage, Burnage Lane Manchester.
The Register Office covering the Burnage area is Manchester.
Names extracted from the Lancashire Directory, 1858.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Burnage to another place.
"BURNAGE, a township in the parish of Manchester, in the hundred of Salford, in the county palatine of Lancaster, 4 miles to the S. of Manchester. It is situated near the London and North-Western railway, and contains some pleasant residences."
In 1835 Burnage was a township in the parish of Manchester.
You can see the administrative areas in which Burnage has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
View maps of Burnage and places within its boundaries.
View a map of the boundaries of this town/parish.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SJ864923 (Lat/Lon: 53.427383, -2.206691), Burnage which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)