Burrow with Burrow
"BURROW-WITH-BURROW, a township in Tunstall parish, Lancashire; on the river Lune, 2 miles SE of Kirkby-Lonsdale. Acres, 2,290. Real property, £2,737. Pop., 225. Houses, 38. The Roman station Bremetonacum is thought to have been here; Roman pavements, altars, inscriptions, urns, and coins have been found; and a Roman milestone is on the road. Burrow Hall is the seat of the Parrs."
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
Local studies information is held at Lancaster library.
Details about the census records, and indexes for Burrow with Burrow.
The Register Office covering the Burrow with Burrow area is Lancaster.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Burrow with Burrow to another place.
"BURROW-WITH-BURROW, a township in the parish of Tunstall, hundred of Lonsdale, in the county palatine of Lancaster, 2 miles to the S.E. of Kirkby Lonsdale South of the Sands. It is situated on the river Lune, where the Leek brook falls into it. Numerous Roman remains, consisting of pavements, altars, coins, &c., have been discovered. The township is near the north-eastern extremity of Lancashire, where it adjoins the counties of York and Westmoreland."
In 1835 Burrow with Burrow was a township in the parish of Tunstall.
You can see the administrative areas in which Burrow with Burrow has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
View maps of Nether Burrow and places within its boundaries.
View a map of the boundaries of this town/parish.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD630767 (Lat/Lon: 54.184465, -2.567915), Burrow with Burrow which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)