The church has/had a graveyard.
It was founded in 1782 and rebuilt in 1885 It closed in April 2007 to make way for a new development., moving to Parson's Lane.
The Independent churches were ones in which each congregation was autonomous, upholding the principles of independence. In the 19th century they became known as Congregational.
In 1972 the Congregational church joined with the English Presbyterian church to become the United Reformed Church.
This site provides historical information about churches, other places of worship and cemeteries. It has no connection with the churches etc. themselves.