CARLETON (Great and Little), a township in Poulton-le-Fylde parish, Lancashire; adjacent to the Blackpool railway, 1 mile SW of Poulton. Acres, 1,979. Real property, £3,905. Pop., 363. Houses, 76.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
Local studies information is held at Poulton le Fylde library.
Details about the census records, and indexes for Carleton.
The Register Office covering the Carleton area is Blackpool & Fylde.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Carleton to another place.
"CARLETON, a township in the parish of Poulton-le-Fylde, hundred of Amounderness, in the county palatine of Lancaster, 1 mile from Poulton. It is near the Lancashire and Yorkshire railway (western division). There is a free school in the village, endowed by Elizabeth Wilson in 1697."
In 1835 Carleton was a township in the parish of Poulton le Fylde.
You can see the administrative areas in which Carleton has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
View maps of Carleton and places within its boundaries.
View a map of the boundaries of this town/parish.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD332397 (Lat/Lon: 53.848984, -3.0163), Carleton which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)