Manchester Crematorium, Chorlton cum Hardy
Barlow Moor Road,
Chorlton cum Hardy
Whilst every effort has been made to record exact details of record office and library holdings you are recommended to check with them before visiting to ensure that they do hold the records and years you wish to examine. Similarly check with transcript publishers to ensure they cover the records and years you require before making a purchase.
The records prior to the end 1940 were destroyed in the Blitz. In order to help overcome the loss, the Manchester and Lancashire FHS have produced a CD containing transcripts of 5979 memorials, recording 8555 cremations, 5669 dating from before 1941.
Work is also in progress to supplement this by extracting notices of cremations from the local newspapers.
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)