Claughton near Hornby
This is the parish of Claughton to the east of Lancaster. There is also a township of Claughton near Garstang
"Claughton, par., N. Lancashire, on river Lune, 7 miles NE. of Lancaster, 1581 ac., pop. 100."
John Bartholomew, Gazetteer of the British Isles (1887)
Details about the census records, and indexes for Claughton.
The registers of the parish church, St Chad, have been published by the Lancashire Parish Register Society as follows.
- Volume 59 - Bap, Mar & Bur 1701-1812.
The Register Office covering the Claughton area is Lancaster.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Claughton near Hornby to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Claughton near Hornby has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
View maps of Claughton and places within its boundaries.
View a map of the boundaries of this town/parish.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD567656 (Lat/Lon: 54.084642, -2.663047), Claughton near Hornby which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)