Rookhow, Rusland, Society of Friends
Built in 1725 as a special meeting place for holding the Swarthmore Monthly Meeting, since none of the existing local Preparative Meeting houses were large enough for this purpose. Rookhow did not itself, however, have any Preparative Meeting attached. In consequence it never acquired the same range of records as the other local meeting houses.
This site provides historical information about churches, other places of worship and cemeteries. It has no connection with the churches themselves. For current information you should contact them directly.
It is located at SD3324089529 (Lat/Lon 54.296994, -3.027271). You can see this on maps provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)