CRONTON, a township in Prescot parish, Lancashire; adjacent to the Runcorn railway, 3¼ miles SSE of Prescot. It includes the village of Cronton-Smithies and the hamlet of Cronton-Townend. Acres, 1,121. Real property, £2,599. Pop., 412. Houses, 69.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
Details about the census records, and indexes for Cronton.
The Register Office covering the Cronton area is Knowsley.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Cronton to another place.
"CRONTON, a township in the parish of Prescot, hundred of West Derby, in the county of Lancaster, 2½ miles S.E. of Prescot, near the Runcorn station of the Manchester and Birkenhead line. It contains the villages of Cronton-Townend and Cronton-Smithies."
In 1835 Cronton was a township in the parish of Prescot.
You can see the administrative areas in which Cronton has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
Some information about the history of Cronton.
View maps of Cronton and places within its boundaries.
View a map of the boundaries of this town/parish.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SJ491888 (Lat/Lon: 53.393947, -2.766489), Cronton which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)