CUERDLEY, or Cruerdley, a township in Prescot parish, Lancashire; on the river Mersey, near the Sankey canal, 5 miles WSW of Warrington. Acres, 1,717; of which 190 are water. Real property, £2,412. Pop., 192. Houses, 34.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
Details about the census records, and indexes for Cuerdley.
The Register Office covering the Cuerdley area is Warrington.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Cuerdley to another place.
"CUERDLEY, a township in the parish of Prescot, hundred of West Derby, in the county of Lancaster, 4 miles S.W. of Warrington, its post town and railway station. It is situated on the N. bank of the river Mersey, near the Sankey canal."
In 1835 Cuerdley was a township in the parish of Prescot.
You can see the administrative areas in which Cuerdley has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
View maps of Cuerdley and places within its boundaries.
View a map of the boundaries of this town/parish.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SJ544861 (Lat/Lon: 53.370211, -2.686801), Cuerdley which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)