Cobden St SalvationArmy, Dalton-in-Furness
A Salvation Army corps was established and the building opened in 1881. Closed 1940, although the few remaining members of the corps continued to meet at a nearby shop until about 1951. The building was subsequently used as a wartime pay office, a bakery and a factory, but its final demolition was decided in November 2001.
This site provides historical information about churches, other places of worship and cemeteries. It has no connection with the churches themselves.
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)