St Andrew Church of England, Litherland
Photograph supplied by & Copyright of Sue Adair.
It was founded in 1904. No adjacent vicarage until 1939. The vicar lived in Merton Rd Bootle. The church began from a bible class held over Sturla's department store on the opposite side of Stanley Rd about 50 yards north. The church hall was on corner of St Andrew's Rd/Stanley Rd. and was a 2-storied substanial building destroyed by bomb 1941, sheltering people from bomb-damaged homes nearby. 6 church members died.
This site provides historical information about churches, other places of worship and cemeteries. It has no connection with the churches etc. themselves. For current information you should contact them directly.
It is located at SJ3406996481 (Lat/Lon 53.460931, -2.994487). You can see this on maps provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)