Ashton Hill Lane Independent, Droylsden
Ashton Hill Lane,
The URC proposed a statement of faith that questioned the inerrancy of scripture, so compelling the 15 members to resign. For some time the 15 met in homes where three of the members preached and led Sunday services. It was then decided that we should covenant together as a continuing Congregational Church with Mr E. B. Greenald, B.D. leading the church as part-time pastor.
After some weeks we were contacted by a local Temperance Society with an offer to take over their building. After four years we were able to call Rev E. B. Greenald as full-time pastor in the church. Mr Greenald stayed with us until 1969. Rev Bryan Jones served the church from 1978-1981 and the Rev Gwynne Evans, 1984-1999.
The church are members of Evangelical Fellowship of Congregational Churches.
This site provides historical information about churches, other places of worship and cemeteries. It has no connection with the churches etc. themselves. For current information you should contact them directly.
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)