ELSTON, a township in Preston parish, Lancashire; on the river Ribble, 5 miles ENE of Preston. Acres, 934. Real property, £998. Pop., 53. Houses, 10.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
Details about the census records, and indexes for Elston.
The Register Office covering the Elston area is Preston and South Ribble
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Elston to another place.
"ELSTON, a township in the parish of Preston, hundred of Amounderness, county palatine of Lancaster, 4 miles N.E. of Preston. It is situated on the river Ribble."
You can see the administrative areas in which Elston has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
View maps of Elston and places within its boundaries.
View a map of the boundaries of this town/parish.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD597330 (Lat/Lon: 53.791596, -2.613786), Elston which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)