ELSWICK, a township in St. Michael-on-Wyre parish, Lancashire; 4½ miles N of Kirkham. Acres, 1,009. Real property, £1,845. Pop., 290. Houses, 65. There is an Independent chapel.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
Local studies information is held at Garstang library.
Details about the census records, and indexes for Elswick.
The Register Office covering the Elswick area is Blackpool & Fylde.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Elswick to another place.
"ELSWICK, a township in the parish of St. Michael-on-Wyre, hundred of Amounderness, county palatine of Lancaster, 4 miles S.E. of Poulton-in-the-Fylde, and 6 N. of Kirkham. Elswick Lodge is the principal residence."
You can see the administrative areas in which Elswick has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
View maps of Elswick and places within its boundaries.
View a map of the boundaries of this town/parish.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD421381 (Lat/Lon: 53.836156, -2.881647), Elswick which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)