Oldham Road, Failsworth, SalvationArmy
The Salvation Army started in Hollinwood in 1905, and used various building until it built its own hall on Manchester Rd, opposite Hudson Street, in 1924. It remained in that building untill a compulsory purchase order was issued to make room for the M60 motorway. The building was vacated in March 1994. The congregation shared with Trinity Methodist, Failsworth until a new church, 572 Oldham Road, M35 9DQ was opened on 30th September 1995.
This site provides historical information about churches, other places of worship and cemeteries. It has no connection with the churches etc. themselves. For current information you should contact them directly.
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)