Farleton.-- township, Melling par., N. Lancashire, 8 miles NE. of Lancaster, 1051 ac. (21 water), pop. 122.
John Bartholomew, Gazetteer of the British Isles (1887)
Details about the census records, and indexes for Farleton.
The Register Office covering the Farleton area is Lancaster.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Farleton to another place.
"FARLETON, a township in the parish of Melling, hundred of Lonsdale South of the Sands, county palatine Lancaster, 1 mile S.W. of Hornby, and 8 miles N.E. of Lancaster. The river Lune passes close to the township."
In 1835 Farleton was a township in the parish of Melling in Lonsdale.
You can see the administrative areas in which Farleton has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
View maps of Farleton and places within its boundaries.
View a map of the boundaries of this town/parish.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD583664 (Lat/Lon: 54.092193, -2.639197), Farleton which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)