St Peter Church of England, Fleetwood
The church (or chapel) of St. Peter was erected in 1840, at a cost of £4,000, chiefly through the liberality of Sir P. H. Fleetwood, Bart. The building is plain but substantial. The living, a perpetual curacy, is in the gift of the above named gentleman. There is a cemetery with a chapel at some distance from the town, near the landmark.
From Slater's 1869 Directory of Lancashire.
This site provides historical information about churches, other places of worship and cemeteries. It has no connection with the churches themselves. For current information you should contact them directly.
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)