St John, Flixton, Church of England
It was founded in 1956. In 1930 a mission room was built and opened at the west end of the parish [of St Michael's] which in 1956 was given the dedication of St John. On 30 March 1968 a new St John's was consecrated adjacent to the mission building which was retained and incorporated in the building scheme as a parochial hall. On the same day a new parish [of St John's] was formed.
This site provides historical information about churches, other places of worship and cemeteries. It has no connection with the churches etc. themselves. For current information you should contact them directly.
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)