Warren Rd Presbyterian, Blundellsands
The Presbyterian church was influenced by Calvinism which rejected bishops and believed that the church should be governed by a hierarchy of general assembly, synod, presbytery and kirk sessions attened by ministers and elders of equal rank. Presbyterianism flourished in the 17th and early 18th centuries but in the later 18th century many Presbyterian churches adopted Unitarianism.
In 1972 the Presbyterian Church of England merged with the Congregational Church to form the United Reformed Church.
This site provides historical information about churches, other places of worship and cemeteries. It has no connection with the churches etc. themselves. For current information you should contact them directly.
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)