HAIGHTON, a township in Preston parish, Lancashire; on the river Wyre, 4 miles NNE of Preston. It includes the hamlet of Cow Hill. Acres, 1,054. Real property, £1,554. Pop., 222. Houses, 40.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
Local studies information is held at Preston library.
Details about the census records, and indexes for Haighton.
The Register Office covering the Haighton area is Preston and South Ribble
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Haighton to another place.
"HAIGHTON, a township in the parish of Preston, hundred of Amounderness, county Lancaster, 4 miles N.E. of Preston, situated on the river Wyre."
You can see the administrative areas in which Haighton has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
View maps of Haighton and places within its boundaries.
View a map of the boundaries of this town/parish.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD564347 (Lat/Lon: 53.806434, -2.663724), Haighton which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)