HARDHORN-WITH-NEWTON, a township in Poulton-le-Fylde parish, Lancashire; near the Fleetwood railway, 1½ mile S of Poulton. Acres, 2,605. Real property, £7,193. Pop., 386. Houses, 69.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
Local studies information is held at Poulton le Fylde library.
Details about the census records, and indexes for Hardhorn with Newton.
The Register Office covering the Hardhorn with Newton area is Blackpool & Fylde.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Hardhorn-with-Newton to another place.
"HARDHORN, a township in the parish of Poulton-le-Fylde, hundred of Amounderness, county Lancaster, 1½ mile S. of Poulton, and near Fleetwood railway station. The soil is various, and the township wholly agricultural. There is a school with a small endowment."
"NEWTON, a township in the parish of Poulton-le-Fylde, hundred of Amounderness, county Lancaster, 2 miles S.W. of Poulton. It is situated near the coast, and is in conjunction with Hardhorn."
In 1835 Hardhorn with Newton was a township in the parish of Poulton le Fylde.
You can see the administrative areas in which Hardhorn-with-Newton has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
View maps of Hardhorn and places within its boundaries.
View a map of the boundaries of this town/parish.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD352368 (Lat/Lon: 53.823633, -2.986), Hardhorn-with-Newton which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)