St Mary the Virgin, Haughton, Church of England
St Mary the Virgin,
Haughton Green Road,
It was founded in 1874. The foundation stone was laid 11th April 1874 by James Walton esquire the owner of the Haughton Dale wire works and it opened in 1876. The architects for the church were J Medland Taylor and Henry Taylor.
This site provides historical information about churches, other places of worship and cemeteries. It has no connection with the churches themselves. For current information you should contact them directly.
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)