Church St, Heywood, New Jerusalem
Photograph supplied by & Copyright of Rodney Hall
New Jerusalem church,
The original church had a graveyard. There is a transcription of the headstones (26 stones)in the cemetery on LDS film 215607.
It was founded in 1812 and was originally on Church St opposite the library, but was pulled down in the 1970s.
This site provides historical information about churches, other places of worship and cemeteries. It has no connection with the churches themselves. For current information you should contact them directly.
It is located at SD8571510593 (Lat/Lon 53.591717, -2.217287). You can see this on maps provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)