HOLLETH, a township in Garstang and Cockerham parishes, Lancashire; on the Preston and Lancaster canal, 4¼ miles N of Garstang. Acres, 354. Real property, £459. Pop., 30. Houses, 5.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
Details about the census records, and indexes for Holleth.
The Register Office covering the Holleth area is Lancaster.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Holleth to another place.
"HOLLETH, a township chiefly in the parish of Garstang, but partly in that of Cockerham, hundred of Amounderness, county Lancaster, 4 miles N. of Garstang, its post town. It is situated on the Preston and Lancashire canal."
You can see the administrative areas in which Holleth has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
View maps of Holleth and places within its boundaries.
View a map of the boundaries of this town/parish.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD480525 (Lat/Lon: 53.966376, -2.79411), Holleth which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)