Hothersall, township, Ribchester par., N. Lancashire, on river Ribble, 6½ miles NE. of Preston, 3,079 ac., pop. 132.
John Bartholomew, Gazetteer of the British Isles (1887)
Local studies information is held at Clitheroe library.
Details about the census records, and indexes for Hothersall.
The Register Office covering the Hothersall area is Preston and South Ribble
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Hothersall to another place.
"HOTHERSALL, (or Hatherall), a township in the parish of Ribchester, hundred of Amounderness, county Lancaster, 7 miles N.E. of Preston. It is situated on the river Ribble. The principal residence is Hothersall Hall.
"HATHERALL, (or Hothersall-with-alston), a township in the parish of Ribchester, hundred of Amounderness, county Lancaster, 7 miles N.E. of Preston, its post town, and near to the Longridge station, on the Fleetwood, Preston, and West Riding Junction railway. It is situated near the river Ribble. The land is chiefly pasture and meadow. John and James Fenton, Esqs., are lords of the manor."
You can see the administrative areas in which Hothersall has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
The history of Hothersall Hall.
View maps of Hothersall and places within its boundaries.
View a map of the boundaries of this town/parish.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD627355 (Lat/Lon: 53.814723, -2.567392), Hothersall which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)