INCE-BLUNDELL, a village and a township in Sefton parish, Lancashire. The village stands near the river Alt and the Liverpool and Southport railway, 9 miles NNW of Liverpool; and has a very ancient cross, and a Roman Catholic chapel. The township comprises 2,258 acres. Real property, £5,022. Pop., 572. Houses, 91. Most of the land belongs to Thomas W. Blundell, Esq., and part to the Earl of Sefton. InceBlundell Hall, the seat of Mr. Blundell, is a splendid mansion, in a beautiful park; and has attached to it a building modelled exactly after the Pantheon at Rome, but one-third less in size, and containing a rich collection of statuary, paintings, sarcophagi, vases, bronzes, and other objects of interest.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)