"IREBY, a township in Thornton-in-Lonsdale parish, Lancashire; on the Ingleton railway, adjacent to Yorkshire, 4 miles SE of Kirkby-Lonsdale. Acres, 1,810. Real property, £1,042. Pop., 113. Houses, 20."
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
Local studies information is held at Lancaster library.
Details about the census records, and indexes for Ireby.
The Register Office covering the Ireby area is Lancaster.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Ireby to another place.
"IREBY, a township in the parish of Thornton in Lonsdale, hundred of Lonsdale South of the Sands, county Lancaster, 7 miles from the Hornby railway station."
You can see the administrative areas in which Ireby has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
View maps of Ireby and places within its boundaries.
View a map of the boundaries of this town/parish.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD662761 (Lat/Lon: 54.179905, -2.518873), Ireby which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)