KENYON, a township in Winwick parish, Lancashire; on the Liverpool and Manchester railway, at the junction of the Bolton and Leigh railway, 2½ miles E by N of Newton-in-Mackerfield. It has a station at the r. junction, and a post office under Manchester: and it gives the title of baron to the family of Kenyon. Acres, 1,597. Real property, £2,419. Pop., 274. Houses, 55. Bricks are made.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
Details about the census records, and indexes for Kenyon.
The Register Office covering the Kenyon area is Wigan & Leigh.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Kenyon to another place.
"KENYON, a township in the parish of Winwick, hundred of West Derby, county Lancaster, 9 miles N. of Warrington, and 2 S.E. of Newton-in-Mackerfield. It is a station on the Manchester and Liverpool railway, which here effects a junction with the Bolton and Leigh and the Kenyon and Leigh lines. The inhabitants are chiefly employed in the manufacture of bricks. It gives the title of baron to Lord Kenyon, of Peel Hall."
In 1835 Kenyon was a township in the parish of Winwick.
You can see the administrative areas in which Kenyon has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
View maps of Kenyon and places within its boundaries.
View a map of the boundaries of this town/parish.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SJ631959 (Lat/Lon: 53.458765, -2.556575), Kenyon which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)